In order for your child to play on a Metro Mavericks team or participate in any Metro Mavericks camps or events, you must fill out and sign the following Minor Waiver/Release Form:
METRO MAVERICKS CORPORATION
Minor Waiver/Release Version 1.0 04/24/2014
RELEASE OF LIABILITY FOR MINOR PARTICIPANTS
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING
IN CONSIDERATION OF [Child/Participant Name Detailed Below], my child/ward, being allowed to participate in any way in the Metro Mavericks Corporation’s (“MMC”) basketball programs and related events and activities (together, the “Program”), the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, releases, indemnifies and agrees that:
1. My son/daughter is in good physical health and can participate in strenuous physical activity that may be involved in the Program. I grant permission to MMC and its directors, employees, coaches and independent contractors involved in the Program to act on my behalf in case of medical emergency, and understand and agree that I am responsible for all medical expenses.
2. The risk of injury to my child/ward from the activities involved in these programs is inherent and significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
3. I, FOR MYSELF, SPOUSE, AND CHILD/WARD, KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES (as defined below) or others, and assume full responsibility for my child/ward’s participation.
4. I willingly agree to comply with the Program’s stated and customary terms and conditions for participation and observation. However, if I observe anything that gives rise to concern – including any such terms or conditions for Program participation or observation or my child/ward’s readiness or ability to participate or observe -- I remain responsible for, and will remove my child/ward from, the participation or observation and bring such attention of the nearest official of MMC immediately.
5. I for myself, my spouse, my child/ward, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Metro Mavericks Corporation and its affiliates, directors, officers, officials, agents, employees, coaches and assistant coaches, volunteers, other participants, sponsoring agencies, independent contractors, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct any activity of or in connection with the Program (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property or any other cause of action arising out of, in connection with or incident to my child/ward’s involvement or participation in the Program or observing Program activities (including transportation to or from Program activities), WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. I, for myself, my spouse, my child’s/ward, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS all the above Releasees from any and all liabilities arising out of, in connection with or incident to my child’s/ward involvement or participation in the Program or observing Program activities (including transportation to or from Program activities), EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
7. I, for myself, my spouse, my child’s/ward, and on behalf of my/our heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, grant permission to MMC and its directors, officers, employees, independent contractors and agents to take photos, videos or other media recordings of my child/ward while, or in connection with, participating in the Program, and to use photos, videos or other media recordings of my child/ward however obtained by MMC in connection with any of MMC’s Programs and activities (including on MMC’s web site, emails, flyers and other materials relating to the Program).
You can download a copy of the Minor Waiver/Release form.