Effective Date: April 1, 2014
Metro Mavericks Corporation (“Metro Mavericks”) is a New York not-for-profit corporation whose purpose is to set up programs that will provide basketball and other sports activities to the youth of our community and will provide opportunities for youth to develop social and life skills, exhibit good sportsmanship, respect team discipline and excel at sports competition nationally and/or internationally; and to provide financial support to underprivileged young athletes.
If User does not agree to this Policy, do not use the Site. Please note that this Policy only applies to information collected on the Site. If User has further questions about this Policy, please contact Metro Mavericks at firstname.lastname@example.org. Metro Mavericks reserves the right to change the Site and this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will be included on this page so that Metro Mavericks’ current Policy will be available to Users. Metro Mavericks encourages Users to periodically check this page. The Terms and Conditions for the Site are available (the “Terms and Conditions”) and are incorporated by reference herein.
1. User Information
In order to access some of the Site’s services and functionality – including, without limitation, registering a player, contacting Metro Mavericks through the Site and making donations – Users must provide Metro Mavericks and, as applicable, Metro Mavericks’ service providers with certain information (“User Information”) which may include, by way of example and not limitation, the following:
- User’s name
- User’s email address
- User’s mailing address
- User’s phone number
- User’s credit card information
- The name of User’s minor child (“Player”)
- Player’s birthday
- Player’s grade
- Player’s school
- Player’s email address
- Player’s mailing address
- Player’s phone number
- Any other personally identifiable information
Additionally, Users who participate in any social networking or public user profile functionality on sections of the Site may choose to provide additional User Information.
Users who choose to access other sites or services with which the Site interacts, or other services with which Metro Mavericks works, may also be asked or required to provide additional information, subject to the terms of those sites or services.
2. Other Information
Other information that does not personally identify User (“Other Information”) may be collected when User participates in certain features of the Site. The Site may use standard technology and other tools, such as cookies, to automatically collect Other Information, such as User’s IP address, geographic location, searches, things User clicks on, browser type, operating system type, the pages User views and requests, and the date and time of User’s visits. This information is aggregated and used to improve the Site and the Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) and services Metro Mavericks offers through the Site.
3. Use and Sharing of User Information and Other Information
User Information and Other Information may be compiled and used by Metro Mavericks (or third party services) for the following purposes:
- To verify Users’ or Players’ qualifications to access Metro Mavericks’ services
- To send information concerning Metro Mavericks
- To send information about issues related to the Site
- To provide Users with Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) and services available at or via the Site
- To solicit and process donations
- To determine how Metro Mavericks can better serve its Users and Players
- To customize the Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) provided to Users by Metro Mavericks or via the Site
- To analyze User interactions with the Site and improve the Site and Metro Mavericks’ services
- To initiate or respond to a subpoena, investigative demand, or other discovery request that is properly served pursuant to state or federal law
- To take actions necessary to protect and/or to defend Metro Mavericks’ rights and property (including intellectual property)
- To identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and misuse or unauthorized use of the Site
- To enforce Metro Mavericks’ Terms and Conditions and/or this Policy
- To communicate with, and to allow communications among, Players and their parents, coaches and other members of the Metro Mavericks staff and community
- To provide information, presentations, pictures, videos and illustrations regarding Metro Mavericks and its programs
Metro Mavericks may share User Information and Other Information with:
- Third party services that Metro Mavericks uses to manage User Information and Other Information
- Third parties with whom Metro Mavericks works to enhance the services that Metro Mavericks provides
- Third party services that Metro Mavericks uses to process donations to Metro Mavericks
- Third parties for the purpose of verifying Users’ qualifications to access the Site
- Government agencies (including courts and law enforcement agencies)
- Parties to civil or criminal litigation or arbitration (including arbitrators and/or mediators involved in litigation or arbitration)
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on behalf of Metro Mavericks or its designees
- Other third parties under special circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, or protecting the safety of Users
Metro Mavericks will not provide User Information to any third party to manage User Information, or with whom Metro Mavericks partners to enhance services, unless Metro Mavericks receives assurances from such third party that it (1) will not use or disclose User Information for purposes of solicitation or direct marketing, and (2) will keep User Information secure using methods comparable to, or more secure than, the security methods used by Metro Mavericks. However, Metro Mavericks does not control third parties, and Metro Mavericks assumes no liability in the event that a third party breaches its promises regarding confidentiality. Metro Mavericks encourages User to contact us at email@example.com if User suspects that User’s User Information has been comprised by a third party. Metro Mavericks is opposed to spam and will not sell User Information for that purpose.
If User does not wish to be contacted by Metro Mavericks, User can follow the unsubscribe instructions that accompany any contact e-mail. If User opts-out of certain contacts, Metro Mavericks may still contact User about any problems or issues with User’s username (if Metro Mavericks provided User with a username).
To the extent that User provides User Information or Other Information to Metro Mavericks concerning third parties, that information will be subject to the same conditions as set forth above.
4. Right to Review, Correct and Delete Personally Identifiable Information
If User provides Metro Mavericks with User Information, User has the right to:
- Review such User Information
- Request that Metro Mavericks correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in such User Information
- Request that User’s User Information not be used to contact User
- Request that User’s User Information be removed from any Metro Mavericks solicitation list
- Request that User’s User Information be deleted from Metro Mavericks’ records
If User requests that User’s User Information be deleted from Metro Mavericks’ records, there may be a brief delay in processing that request while Metro Mavericks verifies that the request is valid and originates from User.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact Metro Mavericks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Children’s Policy
Metro Mavericks does not allow submissions of personally identifiable information (including User Information) by any person Metro Mavericks actually knows is a child under the age of 13, but a parent or legal guardian may provide such information about their child who may be under the age of 13. By submitting information to the Site, User represents and warrants that User is not under the age of 13. If Metro Mavericks learns that any personally identifiable information has been submitted by any child under the age of 13, then Metro Mavericks will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
6. Security Measures
No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. Metro Mavericks may use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect User Information from unauthorized and improper access, use, disclosure, modification, and destruction.
7. Linked Sites
The Site may contain links to other web sites (“Linked Sites”). Please be aware that this Policy does not apply to Linked Sites, and Metro Mavericks is not responsible for, nor does Metro Mavericks have any control over, the privacy practices of Linked Sites or other parties. Metro Mavericks encourages Users to be aware when they leave the Site to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. The Policy applies solely to information collected by Metro Mavericks.
8. Changes to The Policy
Metro Mavericks may occasionally update this Policy. If Metro Mavericks does update this Policy, Metro Mavericks will update the “Effective Date” at the top of this Policy. Metro Mavericks encourages User to review this Policy each time User accesses the Site to stay informed about Metro Mavericks’ collection, use, and disclosure of User Information and Other Information on the Site.
USER’S CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES USER’S AGREEMENT TO THE POLICY AND ANY UPDATES TO THE POLICY.
9. Enforcement of The Policy
Please contact Metro Mavericks at email@example.com with any questions regarding this Policy.
10. Contact Information
Metro Mavericks welcomes Users’ comments regarding this Policy. User should contact Metro Mavericks by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this Policy, or if User believes that Metro Mavericks has not adhered to this Policy.